Moses Brown Community & Performance Center
We believe in coming together to learn, play, perform and celebrate.
The Community & Performance Center is…
• A place where students will gather, perform, exhibit, present, rehearse, act, dance, study, announce, graduate, and meet.
• A facility that can be set up for events of different sizes, with different stage &audience configurations.
• A place that fosters interconnection and encourages learning in both formal and informal ways
• A unique summer performance space for regional theatre/music groups
• A project designed by internationally renowned architects of Third Teacher & team at Cannon Design in Chicago.
• A FLEXIBLE AND MULTI-USE FACILITY FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY.
The Community & Performance Center will…
• instill in students a confidence for presenting, displaying, and defending their work in public.
• foster creativity, not only through theatre and music, but through spontaneous, cross-divisional and cross-disciplinary interaction.
• Create a new sense of home, pride and community by providing one place to meet, gather and celebrate.
• Serve as a physical and symbolic nexus of the campus, connecting all three divisions.
• Provide a flexible platform for students to design and arrange their own learning, performance and exhibition environments.
• Emerge from a participatory design and development led by globally recognized leaders in the field of education and architecture.
• Come to symbolize and embody seminal, memorable moments in a student’s life.
Design Thinking Approach
We don't want to come up with a really good solution to the wrong problem!
Third Teacher + by Cannon Design
Design for change
We believe that design can be a powerful driver of organizational learning and change. Our process is human-centered, connection seeking, experiential, and iterative. We believe that this approach and mindset is crucial to uncovering who we are as organizations, communities, and cultures and shaping who we want to become. Our process helps us facilitate authentic and holistic conversations on change. The design of places and spaces helps make manifest these shared values and empowers communities to learn, work, play, create, and connect more richly.
A new lens for the emerging learning ecology: Trung Le
Reimagining School: Why Creativity and Innovation Matter
Perkins Eastman - Great Designs
Concordia International School
Perkins Eastman views every school project as an opportunity to understand the present and envision the future, each time challenging ourselves to create relevant and inspiring learning environments that propel students to identify their potential to grow. We believe that schools should function as the centers of their communities. Our passion is to improve school facilities for our national and international school clients by incorporating each institution's unique core values, goals, and mission.
Realities of school and life
Let's mix it up!
Image: by Gever Tulley
Moses Brown School and Cannon Design (Third Teacher +) Experience
Architect Trung Le, principal for the Third Teacher + group of Cannon Design, is working with the MB community in the design of this innovative space.
I like the SWOT data we gathered from the Focus groups in 2011
I wish we had an opportunity to reflect and utilize the data to inform our discussions
It would be game changing if we applied Design Thinking to drive discussions about the task at hand